DATA PROTECTION DECLARATION
The protection of your personal data is of great importance to Hotel am Zoo GmbH & Co. KG ("Hotel am Zoo"). We would like to inform you about the collection and use of your data
- What information we collect during your visit to our website,
- for what purposes this information is processed,
- on what legal basis the processing of personal data takes place,
- to which recipients personal data are transmitted,
- how long personal data will be stored, and
- whether you are obliged to provide us with personal data.
Apart from that, we would like to inform you about
- which rights you are entitled to in relation to the data processing carried out,
- who is to be considered as the data controller under European and German data protection law.
I. What information do we collect during your visit to this website?
1. When you visit our website for informational purposes (i.e. not by registering or contacting us), the following information is automatically transmitted from your browser to our server:
- IP address of your computer
- Information about the browser type used
- Websites from which the user’s system accesses our internet site
- Name of the accessed offer page (URL) or the accessed file
- Date and time of your visit
- Amount of data transferred
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software
2. When you contact us through a contact form on our website or by e-mail, we receive the following information:
- Your first and last name,
- Your e-mail address and other information that you provide in your e-mail or via other fields of a contact form, as well as
- Date and time of your contact.
II. How and for what purpose are the above data processed?
- 1. When you visit our website, we use the IP address and other data automatically transmitted by your browser to our server to provide you with the requested content. In doing so, we store the full IP address only as long as this is technically necessary to display the requested page to you.
- 2. If you contact us via a contact form on our website or by e-mail, we use the personal data provided to us as part of the contact form to answer your request and to respond to it as far as possible. This personal data will be stored for as long as is necessary to answer and respond to your request.
III. Do you have to provide us with this data or can you object to its use?
When you visit our website, the information mentioned in section I.1. is automatically transmitted from your browser to our server. The transmission of this information is voluntary. Without the provision of this personal data, we cannot display the requested page to you.
You are not obliged to allow us to use your already anonymized data for web analysis. You are also not obliged to allow us to match your IP address with your company data.
If you wish to contact us and send us an e-mail or use our contact form for this purpose, the transmission of the information in accordance with section I.2. is voluntary. If a contact form contains mandatory fields, these are marked. Without the provision of the personal data required in individual cases, we may not be able to answer your inquiry in the best possible way.
IV. On what legal basis is the processing of your personal data carried out?
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data referred to in section II is Art. 6 para. 1, p. 1, letter (f) DSGVO (Datenschutz Grundverordnung – General Data Protection Regulation – GDPR). The legitimate interest of us in these processing activities results from the described purposes.
V. With whom do we share your personal data?
We pass on the personal data mentioned in section I. to processors based within the European Union for the purposes mentioned in section II. The processing there takes place on our behalf and according to our instructions. We do not transfer personal data to a third country.
VI. How we protect your personal data?
We use technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized persons. Our security measures are continuously revised and updated in accordance with technological developments.
ransient cookies are automatically deleted when you close the browser again or log out. These include, in particular, session cookies. These store a so-called session ID, with which various requests of your browser can be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website.
Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which may differ depending on the cookie. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time. In doing so, you can configure your browser settings as desired and thus, for example, refuse to accept third-party cookies or all cookies. We would like to point out that you will then not be able to use all functions of this website.
VIII. Do we use social media plug-ins?
- 1. We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Facebook and Instagram. We use the so-called two-click solution, which means that when you visit our website, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. You can recognize the provider of the plug-in via the marking on the box above its initial letter or logo. We open the possibility for you to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked box and thereby activate it, the plug-in provider receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding website of our online offer. In addition, the data mentioned in section I.1. will be transmitted. In the case of Facebook and Instagram, according to the respective providers in Germany, the IP address is anonymized immediately after collection. By activating the plug-in, personal data is therefore transmitted from you to the respective plug-in provider and stored there (in the case of US providers, in the USA). Since the plug-in provider collects the data in particular via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies via your browser's security settings before clicking on the grayed box.
- 2. We have neither influence on the collected data and data processing operations, nor are we aware of the full scope of data collection, the purposes of processing, the storage periods. We also have no information on the deletion of the collected data by the plug-in provider.
- 3. The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you as usage profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is carried out in particular (also for users who are not logged in) for the display of tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles, whereby you must contact the respective plug-in provider to exercise this right. Through the plug-ins, we offer you the opportunity to interact with the social networks and other users, so that we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of the plug-ins is Art. 6, para. 1, p. 1, letter (f) DSGVO/GDPR
- 4. The data transfer takes place regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in to the plug-in provider, your data collected by us will be directly assigned to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and link to the page, for example, the plug-in provider also saves this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, but especially before activating the button, as this allows you to avoid an assignment to your profile with the plug-in provider.
- 5. For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by the plug-in provider, please refer to the data protection declarations of these providers provided below. There you will also find further information about your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy.
- 6. Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URL with their privacy notices: a. Facebook Inc, 1601 S California Ave, Palo Alto, California 94304, USA; http://www.facebook.com/policy.php; further information on data collection: http://www.facebook.com/help/186325668085084 http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info-on-other#applications as well as http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/your-info#everyoneinfo. Facebook has committed to EU-US-Privacy-Shield https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. b. Instagram, Facebook Ireland Limited, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland
IX. What are your rights?
Under DSGVO/GDPR you have the following rights:
Right of information:
Right to rectification:
If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to rectification;
Right to deletion:
On the basis of the so-called "right to be forgotten", you can request the deletion of your personal data, unless there is a retention obligation. The right to deletion is not a right without exception. For example, we have the right to continue to process your personal data if such processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations or for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims;
Right to restrict processing:
This right includes the restriction of the use or the way of use. This right is limited to specific cases and exists in particular if: (a) the data is inaccurate; (b) the processing is unlawful and you object to deletion; (c) we no longer need the data, but you need the data to assert, exercise or defend legal claims. If processing is restricted, we may continue to store the data but not use it. We keep a list of those persons who have exercised the right to restrict processing in order to be able to ensure this restriction;
Right of data portability:
This right includes that we transfer your personal data, if technically possible, in a structured, common and machine-readable format for your own purposes;
Right of objection:
You may object to the processing of your personal data if it is processed on the basis of legitimate interests, in particular in the case of direct marketing;
Right to information:
You have the right to be informed in clear and plain language about how we process your personal data; and
Right to withdraw your consent:
If you have given us your consent for processing, you have the right to revoke your consent at any time. Such a revocation does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
The exercise of these rights is free of charge for you. To exercise your rights, lodge a complaint or submit any other request, please contact us by e-mail or write to us. We will endeavor to respond to you within 30 days. Contact information can be found in Section 10.
When we receive a complaint, we will contact the person who filed the complaint to investigate the complaint. If we cannot resolve a complaint immediately, we will cooperate with the authorities, in particular the data protection authorities, as necessary.
If you are not satisfied with the handling of a complaint regarding your personal data, you can address your complaint to the responsible data protection authority.
X. Where can you file a complaint?
You have the possibility to submit a complaint to the Saarland State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information. You can reach this office at
The Saarland State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Fritz-Dobisch-Str.12 66111 Saarbrücken Phone + 49 (0) 681 94781-0 Fax + 49 (0) 681 94781-29 E-Mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
XI. Who is responsible for data processing?
Responsible for data processing is Hotel am Zoo GmbH & Co. KG.
XII. Data protection for minors
This website is directed at individuals who are at least 18 years old. We do not wish to collect personal data from persons under 18 years of age.
Persons under the age of 18 should therefore not submit any personal data on or through this website. If such a person submits personal data via this website, we will delete that data and not process it further once we become aware of the minor.